From 13/09/21 to 18/09/2021
The 5th edition by Stereopsia
2nd residency at Médiacité
The world immersive forum Stereopsia has been putting on public events in Liège since 2017. Liège Virtual Week offers a schedule of free public events and experiences through which people can discover or rediscover the various types and applications of immersive technologies such as VR, AR and MR, etc., which are all gradually becoming part of our daily lives.
The 5th Liège Virtual Week is on between 13 and 18 September 2021 at Médiacité Liège.
Schedule of events
This year there are four free virtual and augmented reality activities for you to discover and enjoy:
UP, UP AND AWAY
Let our first attraction sweep you off your feet, just like Carl and Russell in the film Up.
Firmly attached to hundreds of balloons, your relaxing virtual reality flight takes you on a bird’s eye tour, drifting gently on the breeze and watching the landscape unfold below you
- Those who suffer from motion sickness may find that this experience induces similar sensations. We also kindly remind participants to comply with any safety instructions on and around the stand.
Take a seat in one of our motion armchairs and immerse yourself in a 360° fantasy universe that will take you into a world of unique sensations. Don’t forget to take a good look around you, turning your seat to take in the full experience.
- Due to the huge popularity of this event every year, the Liège Virtual Week team may implement a reservation system where required. All information will be available via the VirtualWeeks social media channels.
Hop on your skateboard and dive into a futuristic virtual world reminiscent of the film Tron! You have just a few minutes to show off all your skating moves as you move through the course.
This ride is suitable for solo participants and is even better for two!
- Those who suffer from motion sickness may find that this experience induces similar sensations.
Armed with just a tablet and an audio headset, immerse yourself into a melodious world in which paintings are a gateway into a dreamlike world of colours and sounds.
The paintings may also be for sale at the end of the event. For more information, please talk to our on-site staff.
- If you don’t want to use the tablet provided for hygiene reasons, you can download the Artivive app to your own smartphone via the App Store or Play Store.
COMPETITION & PRIZE DRAW
Once again, Liège Virtual Week will be running a prize draw throughout the week. Several prizes will be up for grabs every day and at the end of the week.
How to play?
Simply answer the questions on the form, available at all stands, and pop it into the Liège Virtual Week entries post box in the 'Info & Services’ centre.
Winners will be announced daily on the VirtualWeeks Facebook page.
To be entered into the draw, you need to correctly answer all the questions on the form!
To keep up with the news for the 2021 event, check out our Facebook & Instagram pages
or the website www.liege.virtualweeks.com
For more information, please don’t hesitate to contact a member of our team:
- Anaïs Leonard: firstname.lastname@example.org | +32 4 220 92 74
- Alexandra Gérard: email@example.com | +32 4 220 92 74